The doublebass-player mostly utilises a Piezo-Pick-up for amplification which is located somewhere on the bridge of the instrument. Usually, in the course of the technical advancement, several types have been acquired to suit his instrument and taste and achieve the best pick up. There probably isn't anybody that's really satisfied with the results. After much trial and error one has tented to give up. Depending on whatever system one has, problems such as these crop up all the time:
- It's not possible to get a constant volume over the range of the fingerboard. There always seems to be lows and peaks.
- Due to the increased amplification of the bridge´s system resonances the sound is too central, hard and unnatural.
- In instances when high volume is required, this often leads to feedback or undamping effects. After a such a Gig, the bass player goes home totally frustrated.
Dear colleagues, don't give up - here is the solution!
For the reproduction of low and middle frequency, our newly developed electromagnetic pick-up system is your answer. It delivers a rich, full bodied sound over the whole range of your fingerboard. With the help of our Passive mixer (no batteries)with its integrated filter, upper range of frequencies coming from your current piezo-pick-up (that containes the wood sound of the instrument) can be mixed in. The mode switch is in the mix-mode (up) position.
The Result: A realistic doublebass-sound, as clear and unproblematic as an E-Bass!
The mode switch on the Mixer allows swopping between mix-mode and piezo-mode. When in the piezo mode only the piezo-pick-up is active and the bass player is back to his former sound wich perhaps might be better for bowing.
Zadow bass pickup special features:
- Clear, rich doublebass sound
- High volume without feedback
- Quick and easy installation with touch-fasten strips
- Two piece Magnetic pick-up for fitting to the shape of the fingerboard and string curve, or
One piece Magnetic pick-up as special making for you
- Humbucking principle for hum compensation
- Passive mixer without any batteries
- Simple swopping between Mix-mode and Piezo-mode.
- Existing Piezo system is still at your disposal
- Note: only useable for steel strings!
- One or two pieces in black or brass available
Price complete with mixer, velcro, connectors, without piezo pickup