Message in a Bottle by Nadine Tobisch - knitting pattern in German and English.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN
When I started dyeing sock blanks, I noticed that I can create beautiful gradients. Of course I had to design a shawl with one of them. I combined it with one skein of our Soft Socks and soon Message in a Bottle was born.
This project is very relaxing and perfect for evenings in front of the television and therefore also a nice pattern for beginners. Message in a Bottle is completely knit in garter stitch - no purling!
The pattern is quite detailed and also includes checklist tables that help you to keep track of your number of rows and stitches. The in- and decreases are very simple. Nevertheless you won't get bored because you always want to continue and reach the point where you have to change the colours :-)
- Finished size: about 190 cm x 40 cm at its deepest point, after washing/blocking
- Gauge: about 21 stitches = 10cm (4'') in garter stitch, after washing (gauge isn’t crucial, but try to get somewhere close to the recommended gauge)
- Yarn: 2x 100g sockyarn
- 1x gradient or variegated --> colour A (yarn I used: Schibot Sock Blank, about 92g)
- 1x solid --> colour B (yarn I used: Soft Socks about 56g)
- Needles: 3.75mm (US 5) circulars, 80cm (32'') cable
If you are posting your WIP or FO to Instagram then please use the #messageinabottleshawl and I can keep up with your version!
Don't forget to show your shawl in our Schibot Garne group on Ravelry!