Where can I download the addon setups :
You can download the current setups in the category downloads.
What to do with the license key :
ACT! 5/6 :
Start the unzipped *.reg file via doubleclick. Confirm the following request with OK.
ACT! 7/8/9/10/11/12 :
Copy the unzipped *.lic to the ACT! plugins folder. Normally you can find this folder here :
C:\Program files\ACT\ACT for Windows\Plugins\
You cannot see the addons ACT! 7/8/9/10/11 buttons :
Sometimes ACT! deactivate addons after an error. This deactivation will be saved in the file DependentDlls.xml. Please close ACT!, delete (or rename) this file and restart ACT!.
You can find this file in the ACT! folder or in the user settings/applicationdata folder. Please browse your harddisk.
Do the addons work with ACT! Web :
The addons works with ACT! on a windows base, this means addons works with ACT! Web Windows version. But not with ACT! Web Browser version. In short terms : Addons does not run in browser.
eMail-Connect Buttons in Outlook no more visible :
As ACT!, Outlook deactivates addons on occuring errors.
Please check the following:
Outlook 2003: Outlook Menu "?/Info/Deactivated elements". Is eMail Connect available here, please activate it again.
Outlook 2007: Outlook Menu "?/Deactivated elements". Is eMail Connect available here, please activate it again.
Outlook 2010: Outlook Menu "File\Options\Add-Ins". If "Act-eMail-Connect Outlook 2010 AddIn" is an inactive addin-> Click "Go to" button and check the addin in the upcoming list.
ACT! crashes while creating new e-mails out of E-Mail Connect form
Please try the follwing:
- Rename file described here: Rename file(in Act Application folder) adal.dll and adalwrapper.dll in f.ex. adal.olddll. ACT! Knowledge Base
- Restart your machine
If problem still occurs:
- E-Mail Connect Prof. set setting "Disable autom. 'Send and Receive'" to YES.
- Restart ACT!
Enable eMail-Connect Logbook :
eMail Connect Standard: Go to the ACT! Plugins folder. Open the file "ActeMailConnect.ini". Change the setting "ServerLog=0" to "ServerLog=1". Please restart ACT! and Outlook. Repeat the error throwing situations. A new file "eMailConnectServerLog.txt" will be created. Please mail that file to firstname.lastname@example.org. For performance reasons please deactivate the logbook after that.
eMail Connect Professional: Same process as in the standard version. Alternatively it is possible to switch the serverlog on and off with the settings GUI.
eMail-Connect and Terminalserver :
eMail Connect is in both versions full terminalserver-compatible. The only thing to do is that every user must have his own isolated TempMails folder. You can accomplish that with the following settings. TempMailsFolder=TempMails_%USERNAME%
Outlook Security Warning :
"A program is trying to access.... Allow access for ...."
This is a standard Outlook security message which blocks the access from third party applications to Outlook related data. It is part of a Microsoft security patch. In real life it also blocks many useful applications.
There are 2 tools available to suppress the Outlook warning:
Advanced Security for Outlook
During Mail creation "...interface not supported..."
- Problem : Outlook 2013 - 365 and click-to-run(C2R) installation
- There are some important registry keys missing for a complete support
- Up to v.2.75 there is a file Outlook2013_C2R.reg in the folder .... ACT\Plugins\ECPOL2010AddIn
- Please start Outlook2013_C2R.reg and confirm the changes to the registry
For a better support please also install the new VSTO.
Word Message "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc":
You are getting the following error message.
Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc.
This is not an ACT or WordConnect Bug. The problem is a result of the Microsoft security update KB 973904 and can occur on Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Office 2000 to 2010.
Here is a step-by-step guide to solve the problem:
- Go to Start/Execute and type regedit.
- Open the Registryeditor key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad
- If the key is not existing, please create it.
- After that click the right mouse button on the key and select "New". Choose DWORD value(32). The name of the new value is AllowConversion, the value itself has to be 1.
- For a 64 Bit Windows it is all the same, but the startkey is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad